Princesses Oubliees (Forgotten Princesses)

      

I was privileged to have met Dr Wangari Maathai (2004 Nobel Peace Laureate) up close at the "Leaders of Practice" lecture at Lehigh University last Thursday. She has so much passion, dedication and humility! Her speech inspired me to continue to "care beyond self" and pursue my dreams no matter how long and difficult the road may be. The female Nobel Laureates remind me of Lechermeier & Dautremer's Princesses Oubliees (Forgotten Princesses) - unknown beauties who contributed in their own silent way.

These female Laureates have indeed achieved a common goal - to inspire and give hope to millions of women to strive, albeit the obstacles and the mockings of others. I too aspire to be in the same league. God willing, I may one day stand tall alongside Mother Theresa, Dr Maathai & those wonderful doctors of 'Medicins sans frontieres' and be an inspiration to others.

Comments

isradhkakim said…
IA you achieve your ambition Hidayah! keep up whatever you're keeping up!

Nanti kat finish line ada refreshments. :)

Popular Posts