Yearnings during Snow Storm

  


We had a snow storm again in Bethlehem today. What stark contrast from sunny California where I was at a few days ago. How ironic that us Pennsylvanians are still having winter even after 'Spring' Break!

I look out of the attic window; my X-Wing Fighter (the car) is engulfed in snow (I shiver at the thought of shovelling inches of hard ice and snow the next day). I'm stuck at home feeling cold and miserable, trying to finish up endless assignments. I hope I don't come down with gastric flu like last week and that the allergies and cold rash will not revisit.

The winter is perfect for reflections... my mind drifts away to Shakespeare's Twelfth Night:

She never told her love,
But let concealment, like a worm i' th' bud,
Feed on her damask cheek.
She pin'd in thought;
And, with a green and yellow melancholy,
She sat like Patience on a monument,
Smiling at grief. Was not this love indeed?

... how I long to be in my beloved's arms and dreams but my yearnings to be at 25 Shattuck Street (via Longwood Avenue) are stronger...

Comments

Popular Posts