The Demise of my Mango Tree


It's has been some time since I last blogged. Things have been hectic as always. After Dr Ang's visit, my mango tree was ungraciously cut down by mean folks who didn't even have the courtesy to inform me about it before cutting it down. 

I was traumatised and cried for weeks. But as per Erwin Bovian who comforted me, "May its demise give birth to soothing words of poetry so that more can be sown for her community". Indeed, "The Mango Tree" will rise from the deepest earth, only to be reborn into immortality. So keep Saturday 16 March 2013 free for its rebirth. To all guilty parties, "Be Very Afraid" because my great-grandmother had cursed (and on many occasions, her words came true), "If one has bad intentions, one will not be happy and safe in Gedung Kuning". 

Yes, Gedung Kuning does not forget. And neither will I.

Comments

Popular Posts