Sweet is the smell of the mango...

Ahhh, sweet is the smell of the mango and poetic justice (revenge!). My mango tree lives on...

Samsung KidsTime Author’s Award 2015
The Mango Tree is the Grand Prize Winner of the Samsung KidsTime Author’s Award. 

*There were 149 entries from the ASEAN countries, 32 second prize winners. Grand Prize Winners: 2 from Vietnam, 2 from the Philippines, 1 from Indonesia and 1 from Singapore.





Hedwig Anuar Children’s Book Award (HABA) 2015
The Mango Tree is the winner of the HABA with Chew Chia Shao Wei's The Rock and the Bird.

*There were 63 entries from Singapore.

And no, I didn't utter "Sweet revenge!" (as mentioned in my HABA blog post) to that Minister who presented the award to me. I just smiled sweetly at him.



Psst.... 'Elvira' (from Daria's rantings) who loves pencilling her eyebrows long and thin, and insulting my books (that she hasn't even read). Well, Elvira, one of my 'not-so-good' books actually won TWO prestigious awards. Dig that!

And to the people who killed my mango tree, you'll be 'glad' to know that readers in Asia will now get to read The Mango Tree story on their Samsung mobile phones. And their curious minds will then bring them to discover the truth of your cruelty...

Comments

Popular Posts