Mr. Sunshine

"If life is a flower designed to wither, I wish for mine to bloom like fireworks."

Mr. Sunshine 미스터 션샤인 is the best Korean drama (Hollywood cannot even compete) I've watched. It made me want to join the Righteous Army (like aristocratic rebel Ae-shin) and fight for Joseon (Korea). It made me fall in love with Samurai mafia leader Dong-mae (Ishida Sho). It made me believe that every story needs to be written and read (just like Hui-seong who started his special edition, no-name newspaper). It made me root for Kudo Hina (Yang-hwa) who used her wealth and stature to help others (covertly most times). It made me believe in the human spirit and how one can overcome the odds like Captain Eugene Choi/Choi Yu-jin (who was born in the slave class). Despite the cruel world, one can still stand tall in what one believes in. Mr. Sunshine made me weep through the night. It made me reflect on Life--how similar our lives are, the reality and in master storyteller Kim Eun-sook's epic tale.
I am still nursing a pained heart at the ending, I'm afraid that I won't get over it... 

+ Read Review
++ Read Episode Recaps


 


Comments

Popular Posts