My K-Drama List (2024) - Part 3

My good friend Mariam attended the World Glaucoma Day event on Saturday to support me. We had lunch afterwards to catch up. I first met Mariam at Operations Raleigh Geranting. We shared the same tent and bonded over all things like Fendi (hehehe, we had a crush on this RJC student and military officer). And we also like Mr Gu of 'My Liberation Notes'. Since I like non rom-com dramas like 'Train to Busan', 'Sweet Home', she suggested that I watch Gyeongseong Creature next. 

7. Gyeongseong Creature Season 1 경성크리처 -- I watched this with Abah. What a way to bond with my dad... over Korean dramas! Again, I wasn't disappointed. This drama has all the elements - adventure, war, laboratory experience, humanity, love, redemption. The plot is believable and the ending cliff-hanger! My heart was racing and at some parts broke in pieces. Just like 'Train to Busan', this one is a masterpiece.

8. Oksu Station Ghost (film) 옥수역 귀신 -- I was curious because when I was growing up, the government was building the MRT (subway) and urban legend was that missing children's heads were used to line the tracks. Maybe the story was to deter us children from going off without telling our parents, risking the chance of getting kidnapped and have our heads on the rails. Scary! 

9. Flower of Evil 악의 꽃 -- 그냥요. This story revolves around serial killers, police investigation, psychopaths etc. This is the first time I've watched Lee Joon-Gi in a K-drama. He was superb for the role he was in. I initially thought of him as the evil one. My my my, how the story turned and twisted. Goes to show that one must not judge one's character from one's status in life or predicament. Kim Ji Hoon (Denver in Money Heist: Joint Economic Area) also showed his acting skills in the drama. 

Anyway, I'm taking a K-Drama hiatus during Ramadan, a month of fasting, reflection and prayers. I will instead watch Dr Omar Sulaiman's lectures.



Comments

Popular Posts