2014

OMG, it's 2014 already! I realised that I've not been updating this blog for the last few months. I had to update my work and Gedung Kuning websites regularly that I almost abandoned this blog... But hey, it's a new day, a new dawn and a new year! 

To recap my activities since my children's book launch last March:


  • I was busy doing research for 'Days of Rage', a Channel NewsAsia (CNA) documentary series. Watch out for them on air this month.
  • I spent the summer in England and France to rest, reflect and research (never ending!)
  • I've been building up my little business - working hard and networking. I broke even in my first year. Made a little profit in 2013. At least I'm not in the reds or in debts! Must push on.
  • I did a book reading at an assembly programme in a primary school and it was so much fun!
  • I conducted a 'Writing to Heal' workshop for children in underprivileged communities in Kuala Lumpur last month.
  • I'm still active with Club HEAL. In fact, the Ex-Co and staff are going on a retreat this weekend.
  • I was given publicity by The PEAK (gosh!) and kita.sg
  • Disappointed with organisations rejecting my funding application for my third book 'Malay Weddings don't cost $50 and Other Facts about Malay Culture'... never mind, the book will still be published this year.
  • Got some funding from the National Heritage Board (NHB) for my other 2 books - Kg Glam and Kg Tempe. Thank you God!
  • Made new friends, yes one of them has been following this blog and is a fan! (I'm looking at you N_ _ _ _ _ )
  • Ups and downs. Discovering that people are not what they seem to be. And that this world is but a stage for some 'performers'. I decided to cut down on unwanted drama and disassociate with toxic people.  

2014 Resolution? I'll stick to this one key factor that drives me forward every single day:

“By Al-’Asr (the time). Verily! Man is in loss.” Al-Quran 103:1.

Not to sound morbid, but time (the uncertainty of death) motivates me. As we don’t know when our time will be up, I believe we should maximise our stay on this earth by doing good deeds, strengthening our ukhuwwah (relationships with others), embarking on our goals and dreams, learning new things and seizing the day.




Comments

Hey feisty, spicy Hidayah, love your writings and hope we can do something really great with Shattered, We Heal.

Popular Posts