The Lady in the red Jeep Wrangler



Dear Lady in the red Jeep Wrangler,

Was it really you? How was it that I did not realise you were at the petrol station all along? Surely I would have noticed such a striking car.

Did you notice me next to you? Or were you worried you might hit my humble car as we both squeezed on the narrow road?

Initially annoyed but that redness attracted me. I glanced again and I saw you at the driver's seat. I continued looking at you who were talking to the man beside you. Did you not recognise me? 

I turned right earlier but I kept looking at you from across the road. Would you have recognised me if I had taken off my shades? I saw you looked at me. Miel, it's me! I wanted to scream as my engines zoomed away from you...

Dear Man in the Next Car,

Was it really you? I was more concerned about not banging into your car with my Jeep Wrangler. I did not want you to feel annoyed that "it's a woman driver". Did you?

The man beside me told me that you were looking at me. He reminded me not to hurt anyone with my powerful machine, this was not the Paris-Dhakar Rally though some drove their Japanese cars as if they were taking part in one.

I saw you still looking at me from across the road. I looked back. I wanted to remember you. But you were gone, like before. It was ironic that after 'you' left, this song played on the radio. 

   Say something, I'm giving up on you
   I'll be the one, if you want me to
   Anywhere, I would've followed you
   Say something, I'm giving up on you


If it was really you, I am sure you know that it was you who gave up on us many years ago...

Comments

faizan22 said…
When it comes to finding a reliable and affordable Jeep repair service in Dubai, there is no better option than Jeep Repair Center at Mycarrepairdubai. With over 20 years of experience in repairing and servicing Jeeps, the team at Memphis Belle is experts at what they do.

Popular Posts