Oh my Paskal!

Oh my Paskal! Please run with me.

I attended the film premiere in Singapore this evening (8 Oct). I gave it 10 popcorns out of 5! Great storyline (it has soul!), good casting (they did their own stunts), action-packed, superb acting (I actually believe they are the real team and not actors), pacing of film is just right, touching and engaging, and minority characters are given substantial and important roles. Well done Panglima Hitam! Kudos to Adrian Teh and the production team. Proud of my Malaysian neighbour! 

These guys are so hot not because of their physique but because they carry their duties with honour and dignity, "sentiasa terbaik" always giving the best. For example, Theebaan G acted as the strong and silent Misi who could have been a doctor but instead chose to serve his country in combat. And he reads a lot in the movie, spouting philosophical lines such as "How many kingdoms know nothing of us."

I'm definitely watching it again and buying the DVD!

+the film is inspired by real events:
- Paskal team rescued the crew of MV Bunga Laurel which was hijacked by Somalian pirates in the Gulf of Aden in 2011.
- UN Peacekeeping mission in Angola in 1998

Paskal beats all four 'Ah Boys to Men' films hands down! Sorry Tosh Rock and Jack Neo. No minority characters in Paskal were cast as tokens or as comic relief.



Comments

Popular Posts