My K-Drama List (2023) - Part 5

It's been nearly 3 months and still no response from oppa. I might as well give up. Why am I still learning Korean, such a difficult language? My motivation is waning... Alas, as I don't give up doing things halfway, I guess I have to see this through till the end. Learning through K-drama continues...

30. Moving 무빙 -- Apparently, this series is breaking K-drama view records. I was sceptical at the storyline of school kids with superhuman power -- Bong-Seok has the ability to fly, Hui-Soo is able to rapidly recover from injuries, and Gang-Hoon has uncanny power and speed. Sounds cliche and Hollywoodly. Throw in spies and the dedication of their former superhuman secret agent parents to protect their children from the same organization they escaped. Sounded promising. Lots of heartwarming moments. Although, the three students are endearing, I like the class president Gang-Hoon. Stoic, responsible, shy; look how he rushed to save Hui-Soo whom he secretly likes. Aigoo... Kudos to the production team and the cast. Another good series. Korean scriptwriters continue to impress me.
*Read review  +Learn more about the characters in this drama


31. Beyond Evil 괴물 -- coz I like detective and crime stories. I've watched Yeo Jin Goo in Hotel Del Luna so I was curious how he would act as a detective. I wasn't disappointed. The chemistry between Jin Goo and his older subordinate detective Dong-Sik (played brilliantly by Shin Ha-Kyun) is amazing. Ha-Kyun won Best Actor in the 2021 BaekSang Arts Awards. Anyway, the story revolved around a serial murder case which took place in the small city of Manyang. Dong Sik was accused of killing his twin sister twenty years ago. There were plenty of red herrings which made the drama worth watching. Themes of family love, community ties and atonement were featured strongly in this series. I could feel the emotions felt by the characters involved. The slow, emotive soundtrack (Choi Baek Ho's 'The Night' and Sunwoojunga's 'The Road') gave much feels. At the end of Episode 16, there was like a public service broadcast asking people to report missing people. I can't help but think that the drama might be inspired by possible stories revolving around missing people. Can't wait for Season 2 (let's hope there is one).

32. Dr John 의사 요한 (ongoing, halfway through) -- I try to avoid watching medical dramas after Hospital Playlist coz I don't want to be reminded of how I didn't get into medical school, disappointing myself, my mother and grandmother. But, since Ji Sung is acting as Dr Yo-han (same name as in the Devil Judge) and I like him, why not just give this a shot. Plus there other actors whom I like: Hwang Hee (Tale of the Nine-tailed), Lee Kyu-Hyung (Prison Playbook) and Kim Do-Hoon (Moving).

*Favourites: So far, Moving & Beyond Evil

Comments

Popular Posts