My K-Drama List (2024) - Part 1

Happy New Year 2024!
Though not so happy for K-Drama fans due to Lee Sun-Kyun's suicide on 27 December. Sun-Kyun was one of my favourite Korean actors; his Mr Park in 'Parasite' is my ideal husband/father type. Farewell, My Mister...

1. Partners for Justice 검법남녀 -- I was wondering what drama to watch after the ending of Singles Inferno 3 (not happy with Min Kyu and Gyu Ri pairing). Since I like investigative genre (and my medical school dream), why not give this series a chance. Again, I wasn't disappointed. Interesting cases involving the forensic team. Scalpel galore. 
The two lead actors (forensic examiner Dr Baek and prosecutor Eun Sol) won best actor and actress in the 2018 MBC Drama Awards.

2. Partners for Justice 2 검법남녀 2 -- coz season 1 was good, and I am not disappointed! The storylines are believable, coupled with educational forensics investigation. Good acting from the cast especially Jung Jae-Young as Dr Baek Beom (the reticent forensic examiner) and Oh Man-Seok as Prosecutor Do Hi-Han (I hated him in 'Crash Landing On You', yea, his acting is that good). What frustrated me is that corrupt prosecutors and big wigs corporations got away with their evil deeds. But hey, this calls for Season 3! I can't wait coz this story ignites my interest in medicine, you can call it my mid-life crisis but hey, living life with a purpose is better than drifting with no purpose to help the world we live in, right?

3. Tbe Bequeathed 선산 -- This limited series popped up on my Netflix screen and my curiosity was piqué. It had death and bequeath (family gravesite), murder, family disputes, shamanism, academic injustices (ghostwriting and unfair promotion) and unethical lawyer. And some interesting twists to the storylines. The main detective is Park Hee-Soon who was in a Running Man episode with Gong Yoo. I never knew that Park Hee-Soon is an actor. His acting exuded understated coolness. This drama made me stayed up the whole night to binge watch but I'm not complaining though.


Although I am on Korean class hiatus, I actually dreamt that my teacher gave me books to revise! Aigoo...

Comments

Popular Posts