Our Date

  
As I walked down Longwood Avenue in Boston, my heart raced with anticipation. I hastened my steps and saw Starbucks en face de Children's Hospital. I opened the door and glanced around. The cafe was filled with students discussing away over hot coffee, working on their laptops or simply reading from the thick medical books. But I didn't see you...

I walked to the counter and ordered a Mocha latte. I strained my ears to listen to the soft music in the background. Alas, it was not 'Drops of Jupiter' like we hoped it would be. I sat in a quiet corner overlooking the street and sipped my latte. There were some stolen glances from those dark haired, chiseled face Harvard men sitting near me. But I didn't return their shy smiles. I looked out at the street and waited...

Did you forget our date? Or did you choose to forget "the best soya latte that you ever had... and me..."



Comments

vanishingword said…
interesting profile.

Popular Posts