My K-Drama List (2024) - Part 5

July was a challenging month. What with Dad's passing (and settling his estate matters), the SOOP debacle... Now that I am able to 'restart' my life (having fulfilled my duty as a daughter), I figured that I should take time to chill and reflect and watch some K-dramas. But no, I watched the Japanese dating programme 'The Boyfriend' instead (cos I was curious). Why am I not surprised that the man who captured my interest was Taeheon, a London-educated designer from... *drum rolls... South Korea! haha...

14. Wonderland 원더랜드 -- I received a call from Mariam, my good friend and K-drama (and Mr Gu of 'My Liberation Notes') fan informing me that Gong Yoo spoke English in this film. I told Mariam that I am determined to end my delusions at the end of Muharram (which is next Monday). But I was curious about Gong Yoo's English-speaking role and watched this film about death, memories and artificial intelligence. Interesting and disturbing storyline, especially for the irreligious who could not accept death and not willing to move on. As a Muslim, I believe in the Hereafter; I take solace in the fact that everything has been predestined by God. Hence, no matter the struggles, difficulties and pain, I believe that God is the best of planners and always plans the best for His creations. 
The scene of Gong Yoo meeting Bai Li at the airport is exactly how I would have written an accidental meeting scene in my K-drama series. Damn, there is something special about meeting at train stations and airports (read Next Station...).

15. Badland Hunters 황야 -- same apocalyptic storyline, human/animal testing, importance of water as bargaining chip (which turned parents into slaves), human selfishness (one person's demented goal to revive his daughter at the expense of humanity) etc. By the way, I hate those gators, what more to have to eat their meat? Eeuww...

16. Sweet Home 스위트홈 (Season 3, ongoing) -- Coz this is my first K-drama! So why not just finish the series, right? No point doing things halfway.. Yes, all roads lead to Busan. 

17. Neulbom the Cursed 늘봄가든 -- Time to use my free movie pass! Good premise and believable storyline. I later found out that it was based on Always Spring Garden in Jecheon, Chungcheongbuk-do, one of Korea's three largest haunted houses.

18. Shadow Detective 2 형사록 2 -- I enjoyed watching season 1. Although Jin Goo is no longer in this drama, the intriguing storyline of good police, police corruption, political play made me clue in to finish this series. I am not disappointed.

Comments

Popular Posts