New York Philharmonic



Mark Adam Collins & I attended the "Summertime Classics - Moscow on the Hudsons" at the Avery Fisher Hall last night. We had a scrumptious Turkish dinner at posh Dervish (Mark belanja!) before running to catch the train to Lincoln Center, with Mark lugging my heavy books.

But what beautiful music! The New York Philharmonic was simply excellent. I've attended many concerts but nothing can be compared to this one. Maestro Lorin Maazel (a Fulbright fellow) was brilliant and hilarious. He connected with the audience and taught us what to look out for in the music. He told us the background of each musical piece and commented on certain musical sections. Kevin Kline (my first celebrity sighting in NYC) was there to narrate the story of 'Peter & the Wolf' amidst absolutely delightful music. The experience was exhilarating and I've never been so inspired to learn the violin!

Thanks Mark for agreeing to bring my books back to Singapore.
Thanks Mary (my S'porean UN aunt) for the tickets! Give us more! :)

Comments

Popular Posts