Daria's Rantings - Little Miss Bossy

*I am posting this ninth ranting as my alter-ego the misanthropic Daria Morgendorffer 


I know what you are thinking. Doesn't Daria meet nice people at all? Surely there are some nice people left in her town.

The truth is, there are as many nice people as there are horrible people. Unfortunately, the latter made their presence known through their 'loud' demeanour.

For example, my old school mate, Little Miss Bossy (LMB) or Lamb.


Lamb was hardworking, very smart (the smartest girl I knew then), competitive and generous. We didn't really compete with each other. My mother was keen that I compete with this other smart girl in school - Cecilia Wong. I wonder what Cecilia Wong is doing now.


Anyway, Lamb was the apple of many teachers' eyes. I was one of her good friends, and I had actually enjoyed her company. Then, Lamb and I went our separate ways. We met again in high school but we were never truly close, especially after Lamb became a scientist. Me? I was drifting along in the sea of life. 

Long story and many years fast forward, Lamb reunited with me again. It was pleasant but I noticed certain traits that became heightened in adulthood. Lamb was intolerable, mean, controlling, materialistic and impatient. "No, you must hold the camera this way.", "Didn't you know Boston traffic? You lived here!", "You're lazy', "All my friends wear branded goods", "Your bag is the lowest of the branded goods category", "Cambridge is not that great, you know", "I can also write a book, it's not that hard.", "You think you're so great?" blah blah blah. 

I was miserable and blamed myself for all the weaknesses that she pointed out in me. Wait a minute, perhaps Lamb has a narcissistic personality disorder. This I came to conclude after talking to some unhappy people who had crossed path with Lamb. One of them almost married her! 


Lamb's laboratory technicians adored her. I heard she frequently went on expensive holidays with one of them. Lamb's parents are too meek to scold her for her mistakes. She could basically get away with murder. Lamb likes to throw extravagant parties for our friends (I am now excluded) who would never argue with her. And yes, she flaunted those photos on FB for others to envy.

Well, Lamb, you might be able to buy 'friends' and popularity using your status and wealth but you cannot buy my friendship. True friends don't demean one another. As for me, there is no love lost.

Comments

Popular Posts