Saying Goodbye

"Saying goodbye is never an easy thing..."

Everyone’s favourite Malaysian kakak (elder sister) at Cambridge, Zalyah Gazali passed away on thursday, 28 December. I didn’t want to believe that she is gone. Kak Zalyah told me in October that she was sick but was undergoing treatment. She also shared that her daughter got engaged. Then last month, she left me a voice message thanking me for the hijab book that I sent her. She also wished me more success and books in the future. Her last words to me, “Take care my dear. Love you.” I had wanted to call her back to ask her if she was alright. But I thought I would do that later. “Later” is now too late. She is unable to hear, “I love you too kak Zalyah.”

I dug up our Cambridge photos. She was always there for us. We had many outings, cooking sessions, conversations, stressing over studies; she gave sisterly advice, and warm hugs and assurances. Kak Zalyah, you are loved by many. Till we meet again. 

*recite Al-fateha




Comments

Popular Posts