Kebaya, the most elegant attire

I love the kebaya! I remember my grandmother who believed that the kebaya was the most beautiful traditional attire. She was the one who said that I should be proud of my Malay heritage and should take every opportunity to showcase it to the world. I make it a point to wear kebaya at festivities, important events and my book launches. I even modified the sarong of my kebaya to suit the attire regulations at my University of Cambridge congregation (graduation).

At a recent 'Gaya Kebaya' exhibition curated by Kebaya Societe, I lent my late mother's modern kebaya (see photo above). Read article here.

Inspired by the exhibition, I decided to showcase my family's old baju kurung and baju kebaya at our museum. Come and check them out! 





Comments

Popular Posts