Our Date, part ii

*I wrote 'Our Date' in Spring of 2007 when I visited Harvard Medical School. Here's the continuation...

- - - - - - - -

He chose to forget... How could I even believe that he would show up! After all that we had been through... the sacrifice, the promises, they meant nothing. I meant nothing to him. I hope that no one noticed the tears trickling down my cheek. I felt stupid, stupid to believe the promises of a military man. The man I fell in love with, the one who had promised to be with me on my journey to achieve my life-long dream. I guess, an officer and a gentleman only existed in the movies, not in my life. 

"Are you alright?" 

I looked up and saw a dimpled stranger whose face reminded me of the pokemon, Bulbasaur. Though his eyes had a cheeky twinkle, he seemed concerned. I told him that I had some disappointing news and since I am an emotional person, I get teary often. The Chinese/Japanese/Korean (?) man sat beside me. In a deep voice, he said, "Whatever it is, I'm sure it can't beat the most stressful MCAT!"

I laughed. He must be a medical student. Why else would he be in Starbucks at Longwood Avenue? 

"Gong Yoo"

"Hidayah"

. . . . . .

*cue in music (from OST in 'Goblin' where Gong Yoo acted as the titular character) playing softly in Starbucks
+ MCAT: Medical College Admission Test 



Comments

Popular Posts